The fourth Missouri Mission of Mercy was a great success, thanks to a tremendous level of organization, donation and volunteerism. We are fortunate to live in such a great community where this could take place.
Here are a few points about this year’s MOMOM, courtesy of the Missouri Dental Association:
- 2 Day Free Dental Care Clinic, July 31-August 1, 2015 in Columbia, MO
- $1,011,621 donated in free care
- 1,723 patient encounters (910 Fillings / 2,286 Extractions / 1,334 Hygiene care and education)
- 1,129 Volunteers (211 dentists, 81 hygienists, and 837 others including dental assistants, students, doctors, nurses, translators, technicians and lay volunteers)
- Great event coverage with nearly 317,000 combined media impressions (TV, radio, print) plus 1,427,525 online impressions
Thanks to all who donated, participated and spread the word. The next MOMOM will be in Independence, MO in 2016.